FreethoughtAction works to educate the general public about the personal, social and practical benefits of free and rational thought and action based on logic, reason and the scientific method as opposed to unquestioned acceptance of ancient tradition, religion and superstition. By raising awareness of these benefits, our hope is to encourage the continuing growth, open engagement, and public acceptance of a Freethought community in American society.
After several years in development, FreethoughtAction officially launched in the autumn of 2007 as an independent marketing adjunct of the American Humanist Association. Since that time, here are some of the things we’ve accomplished…
- In January 2008, we launched our first “Don’t believe in God? You are not alone” billboard on the New Jersey Turnpike generating national attention.
- We helped found the United Coalition of Reason (UnitedCoR), which has run that and similar billboard and bus ad campaigns while creating local “coalitions of reason” in 80 markets around the country from big cities (New York, Chicago, LA) to more conservative areas (Little Rock AR and Corpus Christi TX).
- We organized the “One Nation Indivisible” billboard campaign in NC over the 4th of July holiday in 2010 with 6 billboards in 6 cities across the state, generating several rounds of local, national, and international attention.
- We helped found the Carolinas Secular Association in 2011.
- We began presenting awards to “FreethoughtAction Heroes” in 2012.
- We helped create the Secular Directory in 2013, enabling Americans to easily connect with one of the hundreds of national, regional and local organizations listed there.
- We continue to work to create a country where people of faith and those of reason can live and work together as equals in, as stated in the original version of the Pledge of Allegiance, “one nation indivisible.”
Find out more about all our projects HERE.
You got something to say? Well, tell us! Just send an email to contact@FreethoughtAction.org.
You got problems with the how the site works? Email the webmaster HERE.